Learning English in an Interactive Way

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Depression

+19
plumpkin cuppycake
safuhah
farahatiqahfa
Yukiko Kudo
putri
raihanordin
salsya
fara
whatever
Airin Bieber
Nurul Hanis
khaleeda adibah
gaemkyu qila
nuradila
hanor13
hidayah sharin
Nurul Fazira Suhaimi
gorubin
Admin
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Depression - Page 2 Empty Depression

Post by Admin Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

A medical report showed that 20% of adolescents in Malaysia go through periods of depression. A key indicator of depression is a drastic change in the person’s eating and and sleeping patterns. Other vital observable indicators of depression are marked changes in mood and behaviour – ranging from sadness, uncontrollable crying, withdrawal, and sudden disinterest in activities previously enjoyed, to feelings of hopelessness and suicidal thoughts. Can you share the stories you have heard about people suffering from depression? What do you think causes depression? What are the ways to overcome it?

Admin
Admin

https://interactiveenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Depression - Page 2 Empty Re: Depression

Post by hidayah sharin Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:11 am

I think we should stop now. miss chew is calling us Smile

hidayah sharin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuradila Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 am

Well the uncontrol depression may drive you crazy and lose your mind ?

nuradila

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiko Kudo Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 am

i feel depessed when thinking about this topic confused

Yukiko Kudo

Back to top Go down

Post by farahatiqahfa Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 am

thank you for the information.
well , i have known one person that once suffering from depression .
this happenned 7 years ago when i was only 10 years old.
at that time , i can tell from her face that she was suffering and feeling depressed. she lost her husband and her youngest children during that time.all i can say about her is she cannot stop crying especially at night. that is what we called as uncontrollable crying and one day she had to overcome the problems at her late husband's company . She had no time for her children , she had to settle this and that and that causes her to be so depressed .

well as for me depression are cause by situation that a person is having such as difficult life events, loss, change, or persistent stress can cause levels of neurotransmitters to become unbalanced, leading to depression.
Another causes that cause depression are he or she is living alone and social isolation or like what i told you just now about being recently widowed.

There are many ways to overcome depression . First, you have to have an enough sleep.Getting the right amount of sleep is healthy for our body and mind. Some argue that sleep deprivation treats depression, but I don't buy it. I think it's a cheap distraction that catches up to you within days. Get enough rest. Secondly, you can overcome depression by doing exercise.
If you're physically capable, try one hour of cardio (or as much as you can). If you're tee-shirt is soaking wet, you're standing in a puddle of your own sweat, and you can feel the endorphins pumping through your body, you did it right. Shower up and try not being happy, I dare you.hehe, Twisted Evil the next step is you can write a journal and make it as your best friend.This could be an escape but it doesn't have to be. You can write about fiction, and transport yourself to another world, or you can write about what's going on, and let your thoughts carry you through to a solution. Many great books were written by people who were, at least at the time, going through a period of pain and suffering.

it's not a very good information from me,
thank you Smile

farahatiqahfa

Back to top Go down

Post by khaleeda adibah Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 am

i don't know when i am under depression??
because i think problems are not meant to be worried
about... just relax and LET IT GO..(maybe because i'm an 'o' blood type..)
i just simply don't care... Smile

khaleeda adibah

Back to top Go down

Post by safuhah Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 am

everyone has their own way to overcome depression..for me i usually pray,chatting with my friends and also take some fresh air....

safuhah

Back to top Go down

Post by plumpkin cuppycake Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 am

hmm.. the last time i went through depression is horrible. i constantly cried until my eyes looked puffy all the time. everybody around me was worried. sometimes i eat a lot and some other times i don't eat at all. my concentration in my studies were disturbed. it only depressed me more and more because in the same time i was really determined in keeping my grades. i remember that feeling very well. my days were nothing but vulnerable. but, as time flies, i learned to handle my depression. my mom always told me that i have God all the time. talk to Him because He is the best listener. have faith in Him. I also practised what my dad always told me. don't take eveything too seriously. i also found that talking to someone about my problems also helps. and personally, i think that crying also helps in reducing depression.

plumpkin cuppycake

Back to top Go down

Post by nana Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 am

I think some people feel depress because they have so many things to do in short period or maybe they have problems that influence their mood.. So, try to take a deep breath, plan things that you wamt to do and share your problems with someone you truly believe in.

nana

Back to top Go down

Post by laily Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 am

take ur nap...relax..don't stressful....do what u like... Surprised

laily

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielly Ng Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 am

do what u think is the best....but comfort with ur mood bounce

Danielly Ng

Back to top Go down

Post by nuradila Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 am

sometimes in life we need the depress to equalize our life and it is also a nature in life

nuradila

Back to top Go down

Post by ameliaasyiqin Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:47 am

as a student im sure all of us have been experienced depression . its a must aite Basketball
just :
- pray to Allah
- smile
- laugh

:DDDDDDD

ameliaasyiqin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2