Learning English in an Interactive Way

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Face-to-face (F2F) vs Online Discussions

+39
gorubin
saiemoohi
safuhah
plumpkin cuppycake
gaemkyu qila
Yukiko Kudo
Sin Yi
hanor13
laily
Afi
Syasya
nur adilah azizan
mimie.s
sitinajwaazmi
captain hitsugaya
dinie minie
Nasrin Zuhayra
shahirashamin
Isrin Anfar
farahatiqahfa
nursyamimisyazwani
sarah95
KingNanitheGreat
seafoodlasagna0604
Nurain Syakirah
syu_b
lady macaroni
kembar chin-sun
EFFA SHAZUANA HAZELAN
bahirah
lisa k-pop
putri
atiqah hanis
fatin farzana
Nurul Fazira Suhaimi
khaleeda adibah
alya sofea
Er U Dia Ed
Admin
43 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Face-to-face (F2F) vs Online Discussions - Page 3 Empty Face-to-face (F2F) vs Online Discussions

Post by Admin Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 am

First topic message reminder :

If you have experienced discussion through F2F and online, what is your comment on the two different discussion settings? Which one do you prefer and why? Any suggestions to improve?

Admin
Admin

https://interactiveenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Face-to-face (F2F) vs Online Discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Face-to-face (F2F) vs Online Discussions

Post by Sin Yi Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:59 am

yea, to make some one to be more confident, f2f discussion is better... we gain more knowledge through it..

Sin Yi

Back to top Go down

Face-to-face (F2F) vs Online Discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Face-to-face (F2F) vs Online Discussions

Post by farahatiqahfa Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 am

i agree with you , hanor natasha! hehe Smile
f2f is better than online discussion ! for me , we will talk crap when it comes to the online discussion -.-

farahatiqahfa

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiko Kudo Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 am

I prefer online discussion because by this way I can get more ideas

Yukiko Kudo

Back to top Go down

Post by hanor13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:02 am

i do prefer f2f discussion,but i also used to online discussion.when we are typing we can also surf the internet to search for information.so, that's also helpful for us to enhance our knowledge especially about current issues..

hanor13

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiko Kudo Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:02 am

I prefer online discussion. by this way I can get more information from others response

Yukiko Kudo

Back to top Go down

Post by gaemkyu qila Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:02 am

i prefer more to online discussion because i love to use computer.. Very Happy in that way,i can survey the feedback comments from others to me..i also can type all the things inside my mind freely because i had less confident to talk face to face with others especially with someone that i do not know. queen

gaemkyu qila

Back to top Go down

Post by hanor13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:03 am

farahatiqahfa wrote:i agree with you , hanor natasha! hehe Smile
f2f is better than online discussion ! for me , we will talk crap when it comes to the online discussion -.-
yeah,just like what i'm doing right now...

hanor13

Back to top Go down

Post by laily Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:03 am

Cool umm,,i love to talk in front of crowd....but,must do preparation first,,,at least,,we feel high confidence on that way

laily

Back to top Go down

Post by plumpkin cuppycake Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:03 am

well, i enjoy both ways actually. but, when it comes to discussions, i prefer face to face discussion because i think it helps us in many ways. i noticed that when we were doing the face to face discussion,there were so many students that can score A for english in exam but they can't communicate as well as they write. face to face discussion helps them to communicate better and build a strong confidence in themselves to voice out their opinions. ngee~

plumpkin cuppycake

Back to top Go down

Post by safuhah Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:04 am

For me, i prefer online discussions because nowadays people are more expose to internet ......so to make it benefit to us...we can enjoy surfing the internet by joining the online discussions....

safuhah

Back to top Go down

Post by saiemoohi Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:04 am

To me online discussions are more worth it..........This is because through online discussions we can voice out our opinion eventhough we are more likely to be a shy person........... Smile The message that we want to share can be conveyed to every1 easily.......Moreover online discussions can improve our knowledge and our english, study as we would hv responds 4m people of other nations and religions......... farao So online discussion is really a good source of knowledge.........So I strongly agree that online discussion is the better choice of discussions...........lol!

saiemoohi

Back to top Go down

Post by farahatiqahfa Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:05 am

hahhaa you are right hanor. Smile
hanor , after this , we will speak english in dorm ok?
to practice our SPEAKING SKILLS lol!

farahatiqahfa

Back to top Go down

Post by plumpkin cuppycake Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:06 am

hanor13 wrote:for me f2f is better because we can improve our fluency in english.we also can gain self-confidence so that we can talk smoothly during public speaking on assembly...hahaha... Very Happy

exactly! its a good practise right?

plumpkin cuppycake

Back to top Go down

Post by gorubin Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:06 am

i think i prefer face-to-face discussions because we can develop our communication skills. for me, its easier for me to elaborate or explain something when I'm speaking. and it won't be so formal. and im not really good at writing so that is why i prefer f2f interactions. suggestions to make the discussion to run more smoothly is to maybe split us into smaller groups. that way, we won't be so shy because we know the people we're talking to. once we're used to that, then we can join the bigger groups because then our self confidence is better than before. thats what i think.

gorubin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiko Kudo Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:07 am

face to face discussion makes me feel awkward to talk with the people

Yukiko Kudo

Back to top Go down

Post by gorubin Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:11 am

practice makes perfect perhaps?

gorubin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaemkyu qila Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:12 am

to me online discussion is better lol!

gaemkyu qila

Back to top Go down

Post by salsya Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:13 am

for me i prefer online thn f2f because i'm very queit shy so better i write my opinion than i speak. Embarassed Then, when i write i can improve my grammar. but maybe someone like f2f than online, for me online or f2f there are no different,because example f2f, the person will have high confident to speak in front of person... so i think other operson have their own way how to speak or show about their opinion.. i think thats all from me, with that i thank you.. I love you Razz

salsya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nurul Fazira Suhaimi Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:14 am

online discussions can enhance my grammar and also widen my vocab Wink

Nurul Fazira Suhaimi

Back to top Go down

Post by azzahrah Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:15 am

i think,i would prefer online discussion.this is because,i cannot really speak my mind with so many people,and i would rethink aboout it many times before saying it.but through online,i can freely say anything that i want with no abstacle.by the way,i often surf the internet,so it is convinient for me. Smile

azzahrah

Back to top Go down

Post by gaemkyu qila Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:16 am

agree with azzahrah...i felt the same way too Razz

gaemkyu qila

Back to top Go down

Post by safuhah Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:22 am

both of them have their own benefits....f2f discussions is good if we want to improve our communication skills and also built our self-confidence....as we can see to be a good leader we must have the confidence to speak in front of the crowd ....but online discussions has it own way that benefit us...we are more expose to the web and not wasting our times by surfing other website....we can enjoy the online discussions instead....

safuhah

Back to top Go down

Post by gorubin Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:22 am

and another reason i feel that f2f is better is because we as leaders in the making, needs to be confident and needs to be able to stand in front of a crowd and speak. i mean this is only a discussion. being up on stage with EVERYBODY listening to everything that comes out of your mouth, is much more nerve-wrecking. its good practice. because we need to make people understand what we're trying to say. i mean in interviews for scholarships and jobs, we cant type down what we wanna say, right? so yea. we cant stutter and go umm all the time. right ?

gorubin

Back to top Go down

Post by raihanordin Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:22 am

actually i was like azzahrah too...but then i think how if we meet traveller or travel to other country?weneed to learn way to speak in english smoothly..so the best way is by f2f discussion lol!

raihanordin

Back to top Go down

Post by Airin Bieber Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 am

i prefer online discussion because i'm a shy person. Embarassed
but f2f is good because we can improve our speaking and can build confidence. i'm not fluent in english and that's why i prefer online discussion but i REALLY REALLY want to improve my communication skill. Miss Chew, help me.. Crying or Very sad

Airin Bieber

http://twitter.com/#!/AirinIsAwesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next